Call for applications
Calling all emerging documentary and ethnographic filmmakers attending the 16th RAI Film Festival. You are invited to apply for this exciting opportunity to receive feedback from industry experts on a film work-in-progress. Both shorts (<30’) and feature length works will be considered.
8 successful applicants will be invited to present an outline of their project and screen a sample of up to 5 minutes from their current documentary and ethnographic film project to an audience and receive guidance and advice from a panel of experts.
There will be two sessions, one devoted to shorts and one to feature length projects.
– Christopher Hird (Managing Director, Dartmouth Films)
– Andrè Singer (Director and Producer, SpringFilms)
– Amanda Theunissen (Freelance Producer)
SHORT FILM PANEL:
– Jacqueline Edenbrow (Producer, Guardian Film)
– Andre Singer (Director and Producer, SpringFilms)
– Angela de Souza Torresan (Lecturer in Visual Anthropology, University of Manchester)
The sessions will take place on the afternoon of Wednesday 27 March 2019 at Watershed, Bristol (UK).
To apply, send:
– Project working title
– Project description (250 words max)
– Timeline (indicating what stage the project is currently at)
– Short bio, with any links to previous work
– A film sample of up to 5’ of your current project. This can be a scene of your choice or an edit of beginning, middle and end of your film.
Application deadline: 5pm Thursday 31 January
Application form: https://goo.gl/forms/o0uPbYB1OR38bhhz1