Convenors can greatly influence the behaviour of panellists and help make a session as accessible as
- When beginning a session, please share the following information aloud with audience members
– The title of your session, name, preferred pronoun (as comfortable) and institution.
– Whether a break will be provided during the session.
– If there will be a recording available afterwards.
- Notify participants if you plan to record (ahead of time) – see our recording policy.
- Pause regularly to ensure all (remote) attendees have a chance to speak; check for questions
across both chat and audio channels. Allow remote participants to ask questions either by (A) using a hand-raising function so as to ask asking verbally or (B) by typing in the Ask Question or designated chat function.
- Establish a procedure for turn-taking and questions at the beginning of the session, and clearly
inform all participants of the procedure.
- Avoid using derogatory language, which includes language expressing ableism, racism, sexism,
transphobia, homophobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia, etc.